Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Spirituality of Money

How can I reconcile the duality of money versus spirituality?

When I am worried about my money, I get further and further away from Spirit, my soul, my inner guidance. I can’t hear my subtle inner messages. I stunt my growth.

We look out in the world and, due to the disproportionate reporting by the media, see extraordinary pain, suffering and lack. How can I want to get a bunch of money? Shouldn’t I be doing something about all this pain, suffering and lack in the world?

Well, how can I? If I can barely pay my bills, how am I going to help someone across the world, much less help my neighbor. If I can’t even help myself, how can I help another?

On an airplane, in order to be prepared for an emergency, you are instructed to place the oxygen mask over your own mouth FIRST. Only then can you guarantee not passing out, in order to help the person sitting next to you.
Regarding all the suffering and crime and lack in the world, if we want that to change, who is going to change it? Is it going to be the sick and suffering? Is it their job to change themselves? How are they supposed to do that? They are sick! They are suffering. They are in pain. They are afraid.

Imagine, for a moment, a world in which people are not worried about money.

No, really, try to imagine a world where people are not concerned about money! No concern at all! What would they be focusing on? I believe that people would be interested in growth, joy, love. Am I being too idealistic?

I think not.

I have a vision where people are not concerned about money. And, therefore, are abundant. And, therefore, are creative. The world is full of people who are living in joy, are open and able to express love to each other. Poverty-consciousness doesn’t exist and so people don’t have to rob each other or beat each other up over things like sneakers.

I have a vision of a world where no one is concerned about resources. We have plenty of energy sources from the sun, the wind, the water, the tides, the static in the air. Therefore, groups and leaders are not concerned about territories. I see a world where we are free to enjoy the beauty that each area of the earth has to offer. Transportation is abundant. Generosity is abundant. If someone needs ‘help’, we freely and easily go and help them.

I have a vision where children know the power they have within themselves. Parents aren’t terribly concerned about how to provide for their children, so they aren’t stuck in jobs they hate, and then come home and take it out on their partners or their children.

With abundance, it is easy to love. With abundance, it is easy to be in joy. Abundance is spiritual. Money is just a form of exchange. You are already seeing how you don’t necessarily need dollars to find your love and joy. But it sure is an easy way to move it around.

Start this shift now. Pay it forward rather than waiting to get it ‘back’ from the recipient of your generosity. Expecting it ‘in return’ is stunting our growth. This is a form of poverty mentality. I prefer a shift to something more along the lines of “I got it, so I give it.” For one, it solidifies the sense of “I got it”, which is abundance thinking! I got it. I’m ok. I’m not scared. I don’t have to hoard. I don’t have to self-sabotage due to my fears. I have PLENTY. I have plenty. I give it. I give it. It feels good to give. Wait! What? I get more when I give it? This doesn’t compute!! Don’t I have to EARN it?

I have a vision where we don’t feel like we have to earn anything. We exist. We deserve. If you think or feel like you do not deserve all the abundance of the Universe, you are pretty selfish and self-centered. Source created all out of love and yet you are the ONLY one who is so special that you are the one who has to suffer?
I think not.

And it is time to stop that.

Let it go. Let it flow. Know your greatness. Know you ‘deserve’. Know that everyone ‘deserves’. If you think they don’t, if you think they are not ‘earning it’, stop it. You are adding to their pain.

See others as having the capability to be love, be joy, be abundant. This is how you create this new world. It’s you. You have the knowledge and the power. It is now your responsibility. Now you know too much. Go! Live! Love! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment